A few weeks ago, a learning and development colleague reached out to me about creating virtual reality experiences. During the 2017 Fall xAPI Cohort. I created a virtual reality experience that immerses individuals in locations around Seattle. I called it Scenes Around Seattle.
Creating virtual reality experiences is and can be super easy! Using A-Frame, you will be able to create virtual reality experiences for free in minutes. Yes, that's right, I said FOR FREE in mere minutes! So cool. 😎
First, what could you use 360° Image VR for in training? Here are some ideas:
- Identify safety hazards (or really anything where context in a location helps users)
- Create office tours for new hires
- Branch out with branching narratives
Ready to create a VR experience? Here's what you'll need:
- An equirectangular photo, get a free photo to test out or buy a 360 camera like this one.
- A text editor like this free one, Sublime Text.
- A-Frame 360 VR HTML code
- The following Python server command if your image is hosted locally:
Time to try it out, you got this! 🎉